June: The Art of Mindfulness
Start the summer season with creative mindfulness experiences to help you focus, relax and live in the moment. From a breakdance-meets-yoga performance to acupuncture to a presentation on mindfulness, you’ll enjoy living in each moment we offer. Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sunday programs are included with general museum admission.
What you can do this month:
• Witness the creative fusion of yoga, breakdancing, and hip-hop with a live performance by Dance Stylez Entertainment.
• Relax with acupuncture sessions provided by Jersey Community Acupuncture.
• Create hydrating face sprays with CraftJam.
• Create a healing quilt for your home with teaching artist, Paulette Thomas.
• Learn tips on mindfulness from the highly venerated Khangser Rinpoche.
· NJPAC Wells Fargo Jazz for Teens Ensemble
· “Newark Museum through the Eyes of Gallery Aferro Artists” with Phoenix Lindsey-Hall, visual artist
· MakerSPACE Drop-in Activity: Mindless ArtBots
· Hands-on “Creative Play” and Family Gallery Workshops
· A teen-led gallery tours
Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sunday programs are included with general museum admission.
Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Upcoming dates (details coming soon):
October 8, November 12, December 10