June theme: The Art of Mindfulness
Start the summer season with creative mindfulness. Experience the power of art to help you focus, relax and slow down the moment. Sharpen your observational powers with guided sketching, enjoy creative movement, take part in a pattern drawing meditation, make prayer flags and get lost in the hands-on process of up-close art experiences.
Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Program will include:
· NJPAC Wells Fargo Jazz for Teens Ensemble
· Special baked treats in the Museum’s Engelhard Court
· Presentations of poetry and spoken word
· Performances by musicians, dancers, and theatrical groups
· Lectures and conversations by artists, scientists, and others
· “Newark Museum through the Eyes of Gallery Aferro Artists” with Phoenix Lindsey-Hall, visual artist
· Demonstrations and workshops presented by artists and “makers” inspired by the Museum’s exhibitions
· Pop-Ups and Drop-Ins
· Hands-on “Creative Play” and Family Gallery Workshops
· Specially designed docent-led and teen-led gallery tours
Upcoming dates (details coming soon):
October 8, November 12, December 10