The Alice and Leonard Dreyfuss Planetarium is a spectacular interactive theater for learning about astronomy, space and planetary science. Audiences can explore the constellations, travel through the Solar System, visit distant galaxies and soar to the edge of the Universe.
Adults $5; children under 12, seniors and college student with valid ID $3
Members: Adults $3; children under 12 $2
PLEASE NOTE: The Planetarium is currently closed for annual maintenance. Enjoy new and exciting planetarium programs for all ages, beginning Saturday, September 19, 2015. Thank you.
- All visitors and Museum Members must report to the front desk for ticketing before proceeding to the planetarium.
- Planetarium tickets are not available online at this time and are not included in general museum admission. Tickets go on sale at the front desk as soon as the Museum opens on a first- come, first-served basis. Please plan to arrive early.
- Seating is limited, programs begin promptly and latecomers cannot be admitted.
- The planetarium is not recommended for children under 4 years old. Strollers are not permitted and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Advance reservations are required for schools and groups. Please call the Education Office at 973.596.6690.
For more information, call 973.596.6529, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programs begin promptly. We suggest you arrive an hour before showtime. Always leave yourself enough time to park the car, purchase tickets, check your coats and strollers, visit the restrooms, etc.
- Planetariums are not like movie theaters. Planetariums are too dark to allow audience members to come and go as they please (it is dangerous and disruptive). Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Visit the restrooms before the program begins. Once the lights go down, visitors can leave, but are not permitted to reenter (see above).
- Planetariums are great places for kids, but to recreate a nighttime environment the planetarium theater has to be dark. As a general rule, planetarium shows are not recommended for children under 4 years of age. Note that strollers are not permitted.
- Seating in the planetarium is limited to 50 people. Try to avoid planning your trip for busy days (i.e. schools vacations and holidays).
- Please turn off cell phones, beepers and other noisy electronic devices while inside the theater. Food and drink are not permitted in the planetarium.
Funding for the Dreyfuss Planetarium renovation was provided by the City of Newark Capital Projects. The Newark Museum, a not-for-profit museum of art, science and education, receives operating support from the City of Newark, the State of New Jersey, the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, corporations, foundations and individuals. Funds for acquisitions and activities other than operations are provided by Members of the Museum and other contributors.
The Dreyfuss Planetarium is an institutional member of the International Planetarium Society.